Are you planning an unforgettable trip to the Grand Canyon with your four-legged friend? Do not worry! We have got you covered. In this article, we are going to give you a complete overview of dog friendly hotels at the Grand Canyon, ensuring that both you and your furry companion can enjoy every moment of this thrilling adventure.
Dog Friendly Hotel Grand Canyon Table of Contents
Why Choose a Dog Friendly Hotel at the Grand Canyon?
When traveling with your pet, it is essential to ensure that they are comfortable and secure in their temporary home. While some hotels allow dogs, they may not provide the facilities and amenities that cater to their needs. Choosing a dog friendly hotel ensures that everything from bedding and food to play spaces and attentive staff are tailored to the needs of pets. This makes your vacation a more enjoyable and stress-free experience for both you and your canine companion.
Top Dog Friendly Hotels at the Grand Canyon
Below is a list of dog friendly hotels at the Grand Canyon, offering top-notch accommodations for you and your pet:
- Grand Canyon Railway Hotel - Located in Williams, this hotel allows up to two dogs per room with a combined weight of 50 pounds or less. They offer pet-friendly rooms with easy access to pet relief areas and PetSmart boarding services nearby.
- Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn - Situated in Tusayan, this hotel permits two dogs with a maximum combined weight of 80 pounds per room. They provide pet-friendly rooms, with easy access to dog relief areas and pet services.
- El Tovar Hotel - Located inside the Grand Canyon National Park, El Tovar Hotel offers limited pet-friendly rooms. Make sure to call ahead and book your pet-friendly room in advance!
- Yavapai Lodge - Also situated inside the Grand Canyon National Park, the Yavapai Lodge offers pet-friendly rooms at the Yavapai East section. Two dogs with a combined weight of up to 75 pounds are allowed per room.
- Red Feather Lodge - Conveniently situated in Tusayan, this hotel allows up to two pets per room with a combined weight of 50 pounds or less. A pet relief area is accessible on the hotel grounds.
What to Consider When Choosing Your Dog Friendly Hotel at the Grand Canyon
Before booking your stay at a dog friendly hotel, consider the following factors:
- Pet Fees and Policies: Check if the hotel charges additional pet fees or requires a pet deposit. Be sure to review and adhere to the hotel’s pet policies.
- Pet Facilities and Amenities: Look for hotels that provide amenities such as dog beds, bowls, and treats. Some hotels offer doggie day care, walking services, or on-site grooming, making your vacation more convenient.
- Availability of Pet Relief Areas: Ensure that the hotel has easily accessible pet relief areas or nearby locations for walking your dog.
- Local Attractions and Activities: Research nearby dog friendly attractions, parks, and trails that you and your dog can explore together during your Grand Canyon trip.
Dog Friendly Hotel Grand Canyon Example:
For a real-life example, let's say you choose to stay at the Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn. Upon arrival, you and your dog are greeted warmly by the staff and provided with a pet-friendly room equipped with a dog bed and bowls. There is a designated pet relief area at the hotel, making walks with your dog a breeze. You can also visit nearby dog friendly attractions, such as the Grand Canyon National Park's South Rim trails, ensuring that you and your dog can fully enjoy the spectacular landscapes together.
We hope that this guide helps you choose the perfect dog friendly Grand Canyon hotel for you and your faithful companion. Now that you are equipped with all the information you need, start planning that unforgettable adventure and make memories that will last a lifetime!
Do not forget to share this article with fellow dog lovers and explorers, and make sure to check out other guides and tips at Dig Dog Hotels.