Are you planning a stay at a Hilton hotel and want to bring your furry friend along? Great news! Hilton has a dog-friendly policy at many of their locations. In this article, we will dive into the Hilton hotel dog policy, detailing everything you need to know before booking your accommodations. From pet fees to room restrictions and dog amenities, this comprehensive guide on Hilton's dog-friendly policy will help ensure a smooth and enjoyable stay with your four-legged companion.
Hilton Hotel Dog Policy Table of Contents
A Look at Hilton's Dog-Friendly Hotels
Hilton is a global brand that includes numerous hotel chains such as Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, and Hampton by Hilton. While not all locations are dog-friendly, many have opened their doors to our canine family members. To find a dog-friendly Hilton hotel, it is always best to confirm with the specific property you are interested in.
Pet Fees and Size Restrictions
Hilton's dog policy varies by location, so it is essential to check with the specific hotel about their pet fees and restrictions. Generally, expect to pay a non-refundable pet fee that can range between $50 to $150 per stay. Most Hilton hotels have a weight limit of 50-75 pounds for dogs, but some properties may be more lenient. It is crucial to inquire directly with the hotel for their specific dog weight and breed requirements.
Number of Dogs Allowed
In many cases, Hilton hotels permit up to two dogs per room. However, the total combined weight of both dogs should typically not exceed the hotel's weight limit as previously mentioned. Be sure to confirm the maximum number of dogs allowed with the specific property.
Preparing for Your Stay
When you book a stay at a dog-friendly Hilton hotel, it is essential to prepare in advance to ensure a smooth experience. Here are some pointers to consider:
- Call the hotel directly to add your dog to the reservation and confirm their dog-friendly policy.
- Find out if the property has any designated dog relief areas or nearby dog parks for your pup.
- Don't forget to bring your dog's food, favorite toys, and any necessities like a portable water bowl, leash, and waste bags.
- Upon arrival, notify the front desk about your dog and ask for any specific guidelines or pertinent information about having a pet on their property.
In-Room Etiquette and Considerations
When staying at a Hilton hotel with your dog, being respectful of other guests and the property is essential. Be sure to follow these etiquettes during your stay:
- Keep your dog on a leash or in a carrier when in common areas of the hotel.
- Always clean up after your dog, both inside and outside of the hotel.
- Do not leave your dog unattended in the hotel room for long periods.
- Use "Do Not Disturb" signs to notify hotel staff that your dog is in the room, especially during cleaning services.
- If your dog does have an accident within the hotel room, report it to the front desk staff immediately so they can properly clean the area.
Hilton Hotel Dog Policy Example:
Imagine you are taking a road trip with your dog, and you plan to stay a couple of nights at a DoubleTree by Hilton hotel. Before making your reservation, you call the property and confirm that they are dog-friendly and accept dogs up to 75 pounds for a non-refundable fee of $100. You add your dog to the reservation and pack all the necessary supplies for your trip.
Upon arrival, you notify the front desk and ask about the dog relief area on the property. They provide you with instructions about where to take your dog and any other relevant information. During your stay, you maintain proper ettiquettes—keeping your dog on a leash in common areas, not leaving them unattended for long periods, and promptly picking up after them.
By understanding the Hilton hotel dog policy and preparing accordingly, you can create a memorable and enjoyable stay for both you and your furry companion. Dog-friendly Hilton hotels ensure that your most loyal travel partner can join in on the fun without compromising on comfort. Share this article with fellow dog lovers, and don't forget to explore all the other insightful dog hotel guides available on Dig Dog Hotels to help plan your next pet-friendly adventure!