Are you planning a trip to Colorado Springs and don't want to leave your furry friend behind? You're in luck! Dog-friendly accommodations have exploded in popularity in recent years, and the picturesque city of Colorado Springs is no exception. In this guide, we'll take a look at some of the best dog-friendly hotel options in Colorado Springs, as well as provide helpful tips on what to look for when choosing the perfect stay for you and your pup.
Dog Friendly Hotel Colorado Springs Table of Contents
Top Dog-Friendly Hotels in Colorado Springs
1. The Mining Exchange, A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
Located in the heart of downtown Colorado Springs, The Mining Exchange is a luxurious and historic hotel that welcomes dogs. They offer pet-friendly rooms with plush pet beds and water bowls. A one-time $75 pet fee applies.
2. La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Colorado Springs South AP
La Quinta is known for its dog-friendly policy across all branches, and this Colorado Springs location is no exception. Located just a short drive from downtown, this hotel offers comfortable accommodations and requires no additional pet fees.
3. Best Western Executive Inn & Suites
This dog-friendly hotel is just a few minutes away from downtown and offers a variety of amenities, such as a heated indoor pool and fitness center. A $20 per night pet fee applies, with a maximum of two dogs per room allowed.
4. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs
This high-end hotel chain offers a limited number of pet-friendly rooms that need to be reserved in advance. A $75 non-refundable pet fee is required, and weight restrictions may apply.
What to Look for in a Dog-Friendly Hotel
- Pet policies: Read the hotel's pet policy thoroughly before booking. Pay attention to any restrictions on dog size, limitations on the number of dogs per room, or additional pet fees.
- Amenities: Look for hotels that offer dog-friendly amenities such as pet beds, bowls, and toys.
- Area: Choose a hotel in an area that is conducive to walking your dog. Consider nearby parks, trails, or dog-friendly attractions that your pup will enjoy.
- Reviews: Check online reviews from other pet owners who have stayed at the hotel. This will give you an idea of how well the hotel caters to dogs and their owners.
Dog Friendly Hotel Colorado Springs Example:
Sample Itinerary for a Dog-Friendly Trip to Colorado Springs
Day 1: Check-in at The Mining Exchange and take a stroll with your pup through the nearby Acacia Park. Enjoy dinner at the dog-friendly patio at Phantom Canyon Brewing Company.
Day 2: Start the day with a hike at the popular Garden of the Gods Park, where leashed dogs are welcome to explore the stunning rock formations. Grab a bite at the dog-friendly Pub Dog, a unique restaurant where your pup can play off-leash inside a fenced area while you eat.
Day 3: Discover the fascinating history of Colorado Springs at the Western Museum of Mining and Industry, where dogs are allowed on the grounds. End your day with a leisurely walk along the scenic Pikes Peak Greenway Trail.
Whether you're planning a vacation or just passing through, Colorado Springs offers a wealth of dog-friendly hotel options and activities to keep you and your four-legged friend entertained. Enjoy exploring the beauty of the area, and don't forget to share your experiences with fellow pet lovers by promoting this guide and checking out other articles on Dig Dog Hotels. Happy trails, and may you and your pup have a paw-some time in Colorado Springs!