Do you often find yourself wishing you could take your furry friend on vacation with you? We've all felt that pang of guilt when watching those big, sad eyes as we pack our bags for a trip without them. Thankfully, more hotels are recognizing the value of becoming dog friendly and now offer the opportunity to bring our canine companions along for the adventure. All you need is the right information to find the perfect dog friendly hotel for your next vacation! That's where Dig Dog Hotels comes in, providing you with all the details you need for a stress-free getaway with your pet. In this ultimate guide, we’ll explore the important factors to consider when seeking a dog friendly hotel, share expert tips for a seamless stay, and list some of the best hotels that cater to pooches. So get ready to unleash your wanderlust, with your four-legged friends by your side!
Dog Friendly Hotels Table of Contents
1. Characteristics of a Dog Friendly Hotel
When first looking for dog friendly hotels, it might seem confusing as there is a range of policies and amenities in place. A true pet-friendly hotel will not only allow dogs in guest rooms, but also provide added services tailored to your pet's needs. A few of these services may include:
- On-site pet relief areas
- Complimentary dog treats, bowls, and toys
- Pet concierge to assist with dog walking or pet-sitting arrangements
- Designated pet-friendly areas in the hotel, such as lounges and dining spaces
- Dog-friendly activities or local recommendations in the surrounding area
2. Research and Booking
Before diving into booking reservations, be sure to research hotel policies in depth to avoid any surprises at check-in. Some useful information to find on the hotel’s website or by directly contacting them include:
- Weight limits and breed restrictions (if any)
- Number of dogs allowed per room
- Extra fees and deposits: Be aware of any additional charges that may apply, such as cleaning fees or non-refundable pet deposits.
- Specific pet policies and guidelines, including required documentation (like vaccination records) and potential house rules.
3. Travel Preparation
When planning your trip, it's essential to ensure your dog is prepared for the adventure too. Consider these tips before commencing your journey:
- Ensure your dog is up-to-date on vaccinations and check if the hotel requires any additional flea or tick treatments.
- Bring toys, a comfortable bed, a crate, and other home comforts to help your pet feel at ease in a new environment.
- Pack enough food, treats, and medications for the entire stay.
4. Top Dog Friendly Hotels
When it comes to finding top-notch dog friendly hotels, Dig Dog Hotels has you covered. Our recommendations include:
Fairmont Hotels and Resorts
A luxury chain that not only allows dogs but also offers specialized doggie menus to spoil your pup's taste buds.
Known for their genuinely pet-friendly attitude, Kimpton Hotels provide a range of amenities such as plush pet beds, food and water bowls, and even a nightly wine hour where your dog can socialize.
With over 1,600 pet-friendly locations worldwide, Best Western is an affordable and reliable choice for traveling dog owners.
Your dream of a stress-free vacation with your canine companion is now closer than ever. With our guide to dog friendly hotels, you’re well-prepared to make the right choice for you and your pet. Remember, always research hotels in advance, prepare your pup for their adventure, and enjoy the fantastic experiences shared with your four-legged friend. We hope this guide helps you discover the perfect dog friendly hotel for your next getaway. Don't forget to share this post with fellow dog lovers, and explore other helpful guide on Dig Dog Hotels for even more tips and insights! Happy traveling with your furry friend!